Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Orientation

I can't believe...

... the number of brochures and handouts I got. Two plastic bags full of them.
... how good Korean food was just now.
... the amazing quality of UGA food.
... that I didn't make a single wrong turn today and yesterday. On car, at least. On foot, that was a different story.
... how well Honors kids are treated compared to non-Honors. Preferential treatment on everything... to the point where I felt kind of bad!
... how glad I am that I was an AP whore!
... what a good school UGA is.

The campus felt so isolated, just like back in December. It was a lot prettier than in December. I'm really, really glad that I can room in Myers. I'm so happy with my schedule. Well, as of now, anyway. We'll see about that in fall.

UGA is like an island of civilization in the area. I don't like that. Everything is too... collegiate. In Athens, I can't get a sense of life beyond UGA, like we're closed off in a well. (If UGA and Tech just scraped their campuses up from the ground and switched locations, that would be near perfect. Shh.) Everything (e. g. the Learning Center and the dining halls) is so nice, but it all seems like college bliss and nothing more. I can't express how I feel about it accurately. I guess for those who are looking for a college bliss, Athens would be the perfect place. Hmm. But me, not really. -Here begins the self-brainwashing... I mean, pep talk- But you know what? I am living with this for the next four years. So guess what, I am headed for college bliss. I am headed for college bliss!! What a perfect place to study in peace, expand my mind, explore nature, get to know great people, think, work, and make a difference in! And on top of it all, have blissful college fun! Okay, I love UGA.

(I'm getting so good at this)

GOOOOOOOOOOOO DAWGS! SIC 'EM!


(3) English Literature from 1700 to the Present - Non-freshman English class requisite
(4) Elementary Chinese I - I'm excited.
(4) Integral Calculus - Calc BC... a;lsdfk. You know what? It'll be nice having a real math teacher for the first time in two years. And possibly for the last time in my life, so I'm gonna enjoy the heck out of this class! Yeeah.
(1) Introduction to Honors - Mandatory pass/fail seminar about all we can and/or have to do in the Honors program
(3) History and Analysis of Music - I was hoping for music theory, but that one doesn't satisfy the humanities requirement. "Elements of music and the broad evolution of musical styles from both western and non-western traditions"... sounds too general to be interesting, but it's music; how can it not be interesting? And I just found out that this professor has given 100% of his students A's (not even A minuses), twice, in the past several years. HAHA awesome.

For being in the 14th out of 16 orientation sessions, my schedule worked out pretty well. Starting next semester, though, we get first dibs.... this rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment