Friday, July 17, 2009

Roads Not Taken

Two, three, four roads diverge in a wood,
Two, three roads diverge in another wood,
Three, four roads diverge in yet another wood, and if I--
I take the ones less traveled by,
Will that make all the difference?

Or is it just foolish?

But isn't Robert Frost taking a seemingly foolish risk by taking the less traveled road and succeeding at the end?

But, like James Yoon said a year ago, don't we sometimes need to not take the road less traveled by?

But you do remember the context of that statement of his?

If you take the road more traveled by, are you being a coward?

If you take the road less traveled by, are you being foolish?

1 comment:

  1. I have this poem , in my room, I love it. I think that the road less traveled on isn't foolish, just different something you believe in something you desire different from what the norm is : )

    ReplyDelete