I feel like I'm back on summer vacation.
Except I'm not, and everybody's gone.
The gig today was so nice. I had more fun today than I've had in (what feels like) weeks. For the first time in a while, I really really really enjoyed playing my violin. There was a very important purpose in me playing the violin, and I've never appreciated Bach or Fragments or the Tango before. It's weird to try to replace Christine and Angela's presence with Catherine and Sapphire's, but it was a great first gig. I do miss our old quartet. I also had so much fun listening to music with old friends in James' car. You know why I had so much fun? Because I knew that people approved and appreciated me for who I am. I need to get over my insecurity and just be myself around new people as well.
Anyway, easiest wedding gig ever. No bridesmaids, groomsmen, etc. It was a bit bizarre, but I ain't complaining. I do love weddings. No one really cares about how shitty we sound at points or what technical difficulties arise; nothing takes away the flush in the bride's face or the grin on the groom's. As the two face each other no one thinks about what hardships might lie ahead for them, or at least I don't, but think about how perfect the weather is, how pretty the place looks, and how cute and happy the couple is. It's all in the moment. I guess as a mere bystander I'm extremely blindfolded, but well, how else would I think? At every wedding gig, I'm so honored and glad to be a part of something so meaningful to someone.
Everything read out loud at weddings is plain cheesy and cliche. At today's wedding, the guy read out loud two poems. I think he couldn't think of anything meaningful to say and looked up some random poetry to make the ceremony last longer than three minutes. The first one was really long and I don't remember it. But the second one I kind of liked.
Love's Philosophy
by Percy B. Shelley
The fountains mingle with the river
And the rivers with the ocean,
The winds of Heaven mix for ever
With a sweet emotion;
Nothing in the world is single,
All things by a law divine
In one spirit meet and mingle --
Why not I with thine?
See the mountains kiss high Heaven
And the waves clasp one another;
No sister-flower would be forgiven
If it disdained its brother;
And the sunlight clasps the earth,
And the moonbeams kiss the sea --
What are all these kissings worth
If thou kiss not me?
No comments:
Post a Comment