Saturday, September 19, 2009

Food Rant

Last night, I had Americanized Korean food for the first time. I wish I hadn't. It was a grilled-meat (as opposed to fried) version of Americanized Chinese food. It annoys me that it's labeled "Korean / Japanese" and misleading all these non-Koreans (and Japanese, maybe)! I stood in that fifty-thousand-people line thinking I'd get free Korean food....... oh silly me.

Tomorrow, I'm going on a quest downtown to find some legit Korean food. I'm dying from all this cheese. I never knew that American food had so much cheese. Cheese : American food :: red pepper and garlic : Korean food. Ugh. I never knew. Cheese grits, cheese omelet, cheese bread, five-cheese lasagna, cheese broccoli, cheese soup, etc. Too much cheese. I miss my garlic and sesame and red pepper.

I want some bibimbap with fresh vegetables and red pepper paste and sesame oil all in their glory mixed together. Mountain herbs and roots and sprouts and seaweed and..... ahh! Now I'm drooling. I'm such an animal.

No comments:

Post a Comment