Friday, October 2, 2009

If this man was crazy, so am I

I know that our deceased friends are more really with us than when they were apparent to our mortal part. Thirteen years ago I lost a brother, and with his spirit I converse daily and hourly in the spirit, and see him in my remembrance, in the region of my imagination. I hear his advice, and even now write from his dictate.
- William Blake, 1800

I don't feel an overbearing presence of her absence. Rather, I feel her presence with me wherever I go, which is more than before. When I go to cool places I don't have to call home or show her pictures. I just take her with me in spirit, literally. When I'm doing something she would be proud of, I don't have to remind or ask her to be there in front of me. She is always watching me from above. I always have her love and guidance with me; I don't ever feel empty of her.
- July 13, 2009

1 comment: