Friday, October 30, 2009

To Go Back in Time (but not quite)

Going back home and going back to high school are really different.  You still belong to your house and family.  You don't belong to Walton anymore.

It was sweet (as in "aww, that's sweet") to see Sra. Cox again.  She's such a motherly person.
It was cool to sit next to Alex Li and play again.  With a good orchestra.
It felt awesome to rant about UGA orchestra to Doc and Dosch.  Dosch thought it was hilarious and kept taking videos of me.
It was sweet (as in "sweeeeeet 8)") to sit in Dutter's class again.  All right, I missed the emag class... high school starts a lot earlier than I thought.  (On a side note, emag this year has 21 people.  Crazy)  I didn't want to stop talking to her... but you gotta stop sometime!  Gah she is my hero.
Talked to Fleenor about our TWL discussion yesterday.  I was surprised that he remembered my name...

(When am I gonna get rid of my juvenile descriptive words? Uhhh..... never?)

Sitting in Dutter's room for an hour messed with my brain big time.  At one point I felt like I was just going through a normal day in my junior year learning about Atwood machines in fourth period.  But I knew the entire time that I really wasn't.  And everything felt like home to me, the desks and the ...... OMG! I just realized that she had gotten a new clock.  She had this generic clock instead of the one with the numbers falling down.  Hm.  Or am I just going crazy...  Anyway, I felt so home and comfortable, but at the same time very out of place.  Or like I went on a time machine ride to junior year, but the kids were different.  It was also a really weird feeling to obviously be daydreaming and not paying attention to Dutter's explanations and not have to feel guilty about it at all.

I was going to laugh at the high school kids trudging through the narrow dark halls of Walton, but oh man.  Didn't happen.  It was Halloween Friday and they were having way too much fun.  I was this lame, no-costume girl that only a handful of orch dorks knew... haha.

Walking back to my car I thought, "Well, that was fun and nice.  But that's definitely the last time I did that."  Yeah, I'm an alumna, but I don't belong there anymore.  College is where I belong now, I've moved on, and oh it is so much better.  When I'm home, I don't miss UGA.  But after spending hours at Walton, I miss UGA!  Now that I've gone back to high school and gotten my fill of it, I'm good.  I don't miss it much at all.  Specific teachers and friends, yes, but definitely not the concept of high school...

No comments:

Post a Comment