Monday, November 16, 2009

Sibelius & Friends


Yowza!
The third movement of her Sibelius...  She draws those notes off the strings like a candy maker pulling taffy out from a sticky clump.  Delicious.  I would've rather seen her perform than Bell, Shaham, Kavakos, and the second time of Itzhak Perlman combined.  Akk!!  That's a big trade.  But a fair one, anything for my musical idol.....

Ha.  YouTube knows of the greatness.

Same recording... different jacket (I think).
Recorded w/ London Symphony when she was 22.  Twenty-two!!
1:55 - 2:20 is where I'm talking about with the taffy. -insert spasm-  But I guarantee you, once you start listening to her from the beginning you won't want to skip and pick anything.

------------

"This feeling doesn't come along everyday, and you shouldn't blow the chance when you've got the chance to say..." I feel so thankful for each of these friends:

  1. For showing me to live the morning, reminding me to live the day, and telling me that night is for sleeping except when I'm on an extraordinary adventure
  2. For showing me in middle school that Jesus is cool
  3. For showing me how to forge loyal and long-lasting friendships
  4. For making me aware of what's around me instead of just what's ahead of me
  5. For being someone who shares all my values---for being basically what I am, and probably having been what I now am ever since she was born

No comments:

Post a Comment