So I don't drink with friends. So football is not my priority. So I like to study on weekend nights. What is being "cool" anyway?? You all live like you do because you believe that it is the better way to live. No one lives a certain lifestyle thinking, "This is such a lame life..." No!
"Remember: 'Everyone is not like me.'" - Pastor Peter at Bethany
"We all live for different things in life, I guess." - Bryan Yang
Boy, they've got it right. Look, if you think my life is uncool, I probably wouldn't live like you do, either. I think that as long as we live in the best way we can in the type of life we think is best, our lives deserve merit. No need to point fingers and say, "Wow, you're lame." "You're a prude." "You're boring." If you don't say those phrases exactly, they're written on your face and your actions.
I bet there are a few of you (of the few who read this) who are thinking, "Wow, what a hypocrite." I admit and I apologize for having been that accusing person at some point. I sincerely wish I had thought this earlier and saved myself from offending people I really do care for. Maybe, I thought that since I cared about these people I was on a mission to impose on them my "cool" way of life, and if that failed I would "give up" and deem them a hopeless case. For example, my own brother... I think I've done him a good bit of torture. And some friends, whether they know it or not. I'm genuinely sorry, I've learned now, and I will not hold the same attitude again.
So that was my half-reflective, half-ranting ... rant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment