(If I could exercise daily like I blogged. If I had quiet time daily like I blogged. Well, I can, sometime, start... When I first made a Xanga in seventh grade I didn't post as often as I do now, yeah, well, anyway, that's for another time.)
You know what really makes me happy about this break? I got to hang out with my one and only brother, and I loved it. None of that you're-so-cool-and-awesome-you're-like-my-brother stuff... I got to know how cool my real brother is. I'm so thankful for all the time we spent in the last three weeks.
I learned that Top Gear is actually a pretty cool show, even though the amount of money they waste still appalls me. I've grown familiar to Alex's dry humor and actually find him really funny. I don't think of him as just a lame middle-schooler anymore (sounds bad, but being honest). I've also learned that when he monotonously says, "It's good," about a movie (i. e. The Godfather), he means the movie is mind-blowingly amazing. He is cool enough to go Christmas shopping with me, spaghetti-ingredients shopping with me, critique Bible studies, talk about jazz music, teach me about cars, and eat cup ramen with me at eleven at night. All the while being a thoroughly entertaining conversationalist. I love his bluntness and brevity among all other things that I am not. We are so different in looks and personality, but I really like these differences in Alex, at least for now. Above all I'm proud of him for slowly growing into this... awesome young adult. I think back to us exactly a year ago, and my, how we have changed.
In a way, I've made a new friend this break... and I can't feel any more comforted. I'll miss hanging out with him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Awww.. I'm glad :)
ReplyDeleteI wish my brothers and I could have this kind of relationship. But my brother is incapable (and unwilling) to hang out with some lame dongsaeng... hah. Enjoy and cherish it, and have a wonderful time back at school... muahhaaha :)