Saturday, January 30, 2010

Dream

High school friends.
Pool, ridiculously fancy house, late-night partying.  A more... swanky version of summer '09.

Things and people have changed.  It won't happen again.
I guess that's the beauty of it.

It was a nice dream.

-----------------------------------------

Don't I hate much of technology?  Don't I wish that there were only live music and only hand-written letters?  Don't I wish there were more significance in distance?  Don't I dream of living in my own Walden Pond... picking berries, catching fish, bathing in freshwater?  So.....  why progress?  So contradictory.

A successful time machine would be the most terrible thing in the world... not only because it would mix up events, etc., but because it would destroy time.  Destroy the concept of past.  There would be no beauty in things you can't relive anymore.  There would be no -cue Titanic- "He exists now... only in my memory."

But then I guess people inherently just detest change.  And you can't live unchanged forever.  If progress didn't happen, you wouldn't ever change, and that lack of change would be unnatural.  So change and progress are natural, and thus technology is natural.

Ooh I feel better.

1 comment:

  1. Very, very, very well thought-out.

    We have spring break at the same time!!!!!! Let's hang out!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete