Monday, April 26, 2010

Floatin' with the Current

I'm sick for the first time in years.  It's not too horrendous because hm... my lazy inner self now has an excuse not to be as productive, and she enjoys it.  Okay, fine, I do.  That sounds downright terrible!  But it's really been a while since I gave myself a break, I think.  And I don't know what is wrong with my classes, because unlike everyone else pulling out hair for these end-of-semester papers and tests, I've got a lone Chinese test this week.  I do have a physics and math final back-to-back next week... that won't be fun.  Anyway, God, thank you for waiting until this week to make me sick.


Summer... summer.  Sort of a big blank box with a line through the middle.  It's gonna be an interesting three months.  I don't know how much information to divulge on here.  But I'm fairly certain that my days in East Cobb are numbered.  So YOU!  Yeah, hit me up while I live 15 minutes away from you!

I'm really saying bye to a lot of people and a lot of things lately.  It just seems like a string of goodbyes since 11th or 12th grade.  But that's okay, because after goodbyes there are always hellos.  Goodbyes seem to make room for hellos and maintain an equilibrium.  On the one hand, it would be nice if this trend will stop for a while, like in middle school, where I seem to have stewed with more or less the same people and places and built really deep relationships.  On the other hand, there is just so much of this "small" world to explore and so many experiences to be had in life that we can't afford to be stationary.   I'm sure that the time will come someday where I'm tired of the same old.  Maybe not soon, maybe not until I'm seventy.  But meanwhile I should thank God for the hellos He's given me in return for the goodbyes (and I certainly do)... and remember that only His presence is eternal, that these hellos are never permanent, that He's got this all under control... and that He will always bring me to the people, places, and things I need.  Mmm... thank You, for all of Your blessings, especially for the people You lead me to.

1 comment:

  1. hi stacey! you should come to our concert on May 16 :D
    and im glad to see that you are still an amazing person writing amazing blogs :)

    ReplyDelete