Not even 12 hours without my cell phone... and wow, how liberating this is! I can get used to this... I guess until I start missing all the calls, that is. But yeah, it's nice to not feel overconnected. Life is so much simpler with just the disappearance of this one little thing.
Waking up to Dvorak's Scherzo Capriccioso! So delightfully Dvorak-y. Oh my, how I miss playing in an orchestra.... :( Playing violin by myself in a room just can't compare. Maybe one semester before I graduate, I can participate in UGA Phil again.... By senior year would I still be good enough to be concertmaster? Eh, I don't really care; in fact, it would be nice to sit in the middle of first violin section and be invisible to Dr. Taylor. Maybe I will try out for the symphony...
I just really miss breathing with other violins, transforming the woody solo violin sound to that ethereal string sound, breathing together... syncing with other sections, the clash of percussion, the suspenseful counting of rests, completely filling and reverberating a hall at a great tutti... Mmm yellow stage and Jere Flint! What magical memories.
-----------
I have accepted that I am going to be screwed for the new semester and that it is okay. When people hear that I am scared of next semester, they ask, "What are you taking?" Then I tell them, "Oh, classes are the last thing on my mind." To that, my dad said, "What's your problem then? Your focus should be on your classes. When that's under control, you do your extracurricular things to the best of your ability; that is all you can do. It's not something you should stress out about. If it causes you that much stress, you shouldn't be doing it." So uh, yeah. I don't think I can exactly quit these things I've committed to, and I certainly don't want to quit them when I haven't even started, but I just decided not to think about it until I'm there. Is that bad? ........ Nah......
Yeah, why do things if I'm just going to worry about them?? That's ridiculous. I'm doing these things, among many other reasons, to enrich my soul. So dang, just be excited and thankful that you even have these opportunities! Yeah! Whoo.
Friday, July 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I HAVE THE EXACT SAME DILEMMA.
ReplyDeleteI've been more worried about overloading myself with extracurricular duties than classes....I'm still not sure what classes I'm taking next semester either. :(((((
I love you Stacey!! I wanna see you one more time before I leave for NC. Which means H-Mart trip :D :D :D
JERE FLINT!!
ReplyDelete