Friday, November 26, 2010

Approval

I hate putting myself up for approval.  My dreams, my interests, my skills, my potential, all up for approval, ready to be stamped "worthy" or "unworthy."  We say, "Don't worry about what other people think," but often it seems like what other people think is all that matters.

After all, who are these people to give me approval for my life plan?  Don't I only need approval from God?

But heck, I'm asking them for their approval.  Only because I'm asking them, they are making judgments....  So if I hate it, why do I do it?  Because I would love it if they stamped me "worthy."  It's not people's opinions I dread, but their disapproval.

But their disapproval is insignificant.  As long as it's not God's disapproval, my life will remain worthy.

But it's people I interact with, and I need some people's approval in order to carry out God's plans.

Or do I?  Maybe I just need their approval in order to carry out my plans.

I just hope that my plans are His, and their judgments His.

And even if they are not, God is in control, and He will make things right in the end.

So don't stress.  Just be true to yourself, and only take away the positive.

-------------------------

And you know what?  No one will ever ask for a list of your failures.  So get rid of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment