On Thursday, we had an InterVarsity Thanksgiving potluck.
On little turkey cut-outs, we wrote what we were thankful for. Let's see... Family... haha um no not really right now. Friends? Oh come on... be a little more original. Getting a college education? Barely, and such a pain in the butt... The negativity/dissatisfaction ensued until I finally put down something:
Studying what I love to study
I shared that with my group, and Kyle said, "That is really something to be thankful for." Turns out his major wasn't what he wanted to study at all. Then I remembered other friends of mine in the same boat. What I put down begrudgingly, thinking, "Well I gotta put something down, there we go," is really something to be thankful for. Man, how I love learning about nature, learning about the Earth, learning about God's design of the world, and dreaming of putting all this knowledge to use someday! Geology and physics are so fun and fulfilling to me. (hahaha, come ask me again during finals... bleh)
Then our group had to come up with something we were all thankful for. I suggested youth, to which people teased, "Well maybe you can still say that." Other groups had family, InterVarsity, and Monopoly Deal.... hahaha! But yeah, I'm really thankful for youth.
The turkey's on my wall. I should force myself to come up with things to be thankful for more often. I would be much happier! Next time I feel like opening my mouth (or starting to type) and complaining, I'll try to think of things to be thankful for, instead.
Sunday, November 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are truly an inspiration. I'm thankful for youu!
ReplyDeleteI'm thankful for you too! You are an inspiration. Since the potluck, I've been trying to come up with things I'm thankful for more often as well. LOVE YOU!!!
ReplyDelete