"How are you holding up?"
"Oh, I'm going crazy applying for summer programs like you told me to!"
"Have you made any headway?"
"I'm planning to apply for everything I'm eligible for. But I don't know how competitive these are..."
"Well, you're a very competitive student."
Thank you! How refreshing that was! When you're going crazy trying to do a million things, all the while wondering, "Am I just wasting my time? How silly others must think I am for thinking I have a chance..." a simple compliment can go a long way. A simple comment, a simple encouragement... it was sent from God today! This made me realize how low my self-esteem has been these days... I mean, come on, it shouldn't be mind-blowing news that I am a very good student.
Maybe that false self-perception is also why I've been so compelled to build myself up more rather than to do things for others...
Well, that's a noble thought, but there is stuff to do! I'll come back to it sometime. (Is this terrible?)
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment