You're done with this semester tomorrow, it's Christmastime, and Logan comes home in a week. Three great things all at once. Why aren't you ecstatic?!
Make your own happiness, buddy. Be a wellspring of happy feelings. Don't be a black hole of complaints, worries, and stress.
Boo hoo, I've been studying mineralogy for the past two days. Boo hoo, there's my hardest final tomorrow. Come on! Tomorrow is the last day of school and the beginning of winter break.
Boo hoo, I still have to meet with professors and write essays and fix my resume and... Oh my gosh, then don't apply for anything if you don't want to!
Boo hoo, I don't know what I'm gonna be doing this summer. Honey, practically nobody knows what they'll be doing this summer. It's December.
Boo hoo, I can't be all cheerful and leisurely when my boyfriend's having such a tough week. ...... WTFeezy?!
Man, I am funny. Are these really the reasons for my furrowed brow and the cloud hanging over my head? Stacey, I'm disappointed in you. The reasons to be happy are too many, and you are ignoring all of them. The reasons to frown are nonexistent, and you are making them up. FLIP IT!!
Oh okay. I'm good now.
The apps are still hanging over my head somewhat, but I'll just treat them as leisure thinking and writing... yup. Sitting at a cute coffee shop and typing away at narcissistic essays... sounds like just my thing!
Yayy, tomorrow I'm done!
--------------------
Could I have been much happier this semester if I had been going to (a Protestant) church every Sunday? I mean, whether or not I've been worshipping the Lord freely and been spiritually fed the way I'm used to has to make some sort of a difference.
--------------------
Could I have been much happier this semester if I had been going to (a Protestant) church every Sunday? I mean, whether or not I've been worshipping the Lord freely and been spiritually fed the way I'm used to has to make some sort of a difference.
haha i love the progression to now when you are much happier than you were when you wrote this entry :)
ReplyDeletewanted to comment earlier, but i hesitate to because it's not really my position but i have >2cents to offer:
i think and believe that how you worship God directly translates to your happiness level. i've been thinking about it a lot as a new class of freshmen joined my church because we tell them to choose one - not ours if it doesn't fit, but any one of those on campus. each church that loves God is a good church, but in the same way that practice makes perfect (or permanent), we should be disciplining ourselves consistently to get to know God better! no matter where He takes you close or far from the way you have been taught, in the end it is only about you + God.
okay that was long. hope you're enjoying your break! :)