Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Lose My Life

If I commute from Lawrenceville, I will lose my independence and social life.  Also, I'll be "home."  Yuck.
If I graduate early, I will lose one of my majors and my academic dreams.
In the extreme scenario, if I get kicked out of the country because I'm not good enough to stay here, I will lose practically all of my life.

Well, that's a great opportunity.
Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me and for the gospel will save it. What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul?
- Mark 8:34-36
We studied that in Small Group just Monday night!

Would I want to do any of the things above?  Not if I can help it.  I want to save my life.
(I guess that's why I will lose it!)
But if I have to... I won't fight it.  We don't get that many chances in life to lose our lives for the good of others.

That alone gives me peace today.  Or is it resignation?

No comments:

Post a Comment