Thursday, August 18, 2011

How hard you struggled to live.  How you kept breathing.  How much pain you were in.  How you, a self-proclaimed scaredy-cat, kept hope while going through such fearsome times.  You put me to shame.

Your breathing was painful.  Your sleeping was impossible.  Your eating was torture.  Yet you never gave up.  My breathing is subconscious.  My sleeping is sound.  My eating is delightful.  How could I not embrace life?

Life is such a valuable thing.  So valuable that you wouldn’t trade it for the ceasing of your pain…

You gave me life and give me the strength and inspiration for it.  You continue to guide me every day.  I love you forever.  I'll be so good to you when I see you next...



When I'm having a bad day, when I am upset about something, when I'm sick, when I'm sad, it always comes back down to:  "I miss my mommy.... Wahhh..."

Sigh.