Monday, November 7, 2011

Baroque Bow

Never did I think I would ever find myself in possession of a Baroque bow (albeit temporarily)...

Yes, 'tis there!  In my violin case!
Through some far-fetched connections I got this gig to play a French Baroque piece with the UGA Collegium Musicum.  Many vocals, a gamba (an early cello with frets, 7 strings, and no endpin), organ, and another violin.  Thank you God for supplying me with these random opportunities for violin playing!!

Anyway, the bow.  It's not hard to get used to at all (it's probably because I don't know how to properly use it, but whatever); it just makes playing Baroque things easier.  For comparison I tried playing some Mendelssohn with it... hah, definitely didn't work out.  

What an unexpected treat this semester!

1 comment:

  1. Stace. You don't know how much it means to me that you still have that picture of us in your case. :') <333333333333333333333

    ReplyDelete