Friday, December 23, 2011

Life Update Potpourri

  1. New Job -- I'm loving my tasks so far.  One of my professors is an editor for Geology, and I get to comb through every submission that comes through and facilitate her decision-making on whether to accept each article for publication or not.  It's cool because scientists from all over the world submit to this journal, and I get to be a part this huge, complex process!  If my need for regular income weren't so significant, this work would be even more enjoyable because I wouldn't be worried about regular hours, etc.  But, because the need is significant, this is all the more of a blessing.  When the semester gets going, I will be helping out in her lab as well, and that's also exciting.
  2. New Schedule -- I will no longer have 13-hour days from now on!  I hope to work and go to class approximately from 8 to 4 every day and have the entire evening block to myself, thanks to my new job.  This will make such a difference.  Thank you God for all your provisions...  An eight-to-four day college life?  It wouldn't have sounded appealing if it weren't for last semester.  
  3. Friends -- There have been times I wondered if I will ever develop deep friendships in college like the ones from middle/high school.  That no longer is the case, and I just feel so filled and happy.
  4. Guys -- I decided I don't need 'em right now.  Just because I've come to need one in the past year and a half, doesn't mean I need to keep needing one.  After a period of futile wandering and wondering to "fill" a "space," I realized it's going to take a miracle for me to cross paths with someone truly right for me.  And, even more of a miracle for something to happen between me and that person.  I can't perform miracles.  Only He does.  God, I'll be counting on you to let me know when you do.  Until then, I'm just gonna be doin' my thing!  Thanks a lot.

1 comment:

  1. #4....Amen gurl. Amen. When're you coming to visit again?! :D

    ReplyDelete