Whoo!! Oh man! How did I get this?!? Oh, it must've been that time when I did _____. Oh! They must've noticed that I've been doing _____ well. They must've really liked spending time with me at _____ also. Yeah, I am pretty good at _____, I guess.
Then I get more humble:
Well, they probably figured I'm a more cost-efficient option. Maybe they just couldn't find anyone really suitable. Oh well, who cares?! I'm the one who got it, whoo!!!
Thirty minutes later:
Oh man. That makes life so good... God, thank you!
Talk about laughing at yourself. I'm so laughing at myself right now! How does it sometimes take half an hour for me to think of the ultimate provider and give Him the credits due? And I'm sure I am not the only person who does this. It's ridiculous how much ego we have built into our systems, how big we are to ourselves.
Likewise, when I fail at something like an interview, I painfully analyze every single thing I did, try to remember everything that could've "cost me points" and everything they probably didn't like, and think of what I could have said or done instead. Sometimes I don't immediately think of the possibility that it just wasn't the right time in God's eyes.
Dang, only takes you thirty minutes?! Impressive... hahaha
ReplyDelete