Oh my gosh.
I leave tomorrow.
Field school had been this elusive, exotic thing of the future for three years, and now, it's something I have to pack for today.
I have never taken a six-week trip anywhere. And not only will I be gone, I will be the most physically uncomfortable I have been in my life. Tomorrow night my bedroom will consist of a tent somewhere out in Arkansas. I will have to learn not to shower for a week (a feat I haven't achieved since fourth grade). My diet for the next three days will consist of whatever fast food we drive by. I have never gone on a road trip lasting longer than 10 hours (and only because of traffic). Tomorrow morning, I'll hop on a van ride that won't really end until Saturday afternoon. And that's only the beginning.
I should probably think of it as, "I'm moving to CaƱon City, Colorado for six weeks. And while there we're going on field trips to Utah and New Mexico."
Despite Jason Jones' southern drawl repeating in my head, "It's hell," I'm excited. I'm eager to get far away, clear my mind, stop thinking about certain things for a good while, see and touch wondrous scenery, and "become a geologist." At the same time, I'm sure I will become homesick at times.
I'm going to be leaving with a bunch of acquaintances. I hope that a month and a half later, I'll be returning with a good friend or two.
I just realized I won't be attending church for the next six weeks. This makes me wish I had gone with my family last Sunday. I hope that I'll keep my faith close throughout the trip. Really thankful for the enormous financial providence.
This fritata is delicious. I am going to miss my cooking.
I'll be back June 30th!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment