Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Shenanigans

Got a brand new (and probably the most entertaining) batch of field school pictures from Chris.  Click to view in their full glory.

Yet another Mt. Shavano picture, with Chris, who took all pictures on this post.
At ~11,000 ft, the highest low country boil ever?!  (It's about 450 ft high in Georgia.)
Our classroom one morning, Valles Caldera National Preserve, NM
The class
Volcanic ash and tuff
The hills are alive -- Summitville, CO
Mr. Poopy, our ammo-can toilet.  It had a lovely view of the surrounding aspens.
Partner Ethan and I, failing to find gold.
Stream frozen/snowed over on Mt. Lincoln, CO
"I make it rain" -- virga (precipitation that doesn't reach the ground) seen from Mt. Licoln
After last day of field work, "Whoo it's 103 degrees and our professor surprised us with beer!"
Way back to the abbey
Giddy
Slept like that for a while.  Check out my dirt tan.
We actually worked every night
The day after the last day of work.  Going from left to right in the common room -- see John sleep. 
What a nasty couch I was on.
Brandon and Nick.

No comments:

Post a Comment