If we truly respected the human species that the Creator made, we can't just hang out in a little bubble of like-minded people. We can't let the fear of change keep us from continuously seeking our purpose -- diving into and wandering outside the box of our perceived identity.
---------
On a totally different note, I have come to the profound realization that if I want to learn to play jazz on my violin, studying a hundred trumpet and piano solos can only help me so much. Turns out there is a small group of phenomenal jazz violinists, in whose recordings I have started to marinate my ears. One is Stephane Grappelli. Enjoy! The "fun" part begins around 1:36. In my opinion, the piano solo is what's really brilliant in this video, but here's what jazz violin sounds like anyway.
Saturday, September 29, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment