Thursday, October 25, 2012

Grad Schools and Camping

Since I started contacting professors and hearing back from them, the graduate school search/application process has become considerably more fun.  About infinity times as fun as WIP (this lame Writing Intensive Program for a core class... we have a mini-paper due every week) that I'm supposed to be working on also.

I am 98% sure I am applying to:
  • University of Minnesota
I might apply to:
  • UW-Madison
I would like to apply to:
  • UC-Santa Barbara
I plan on looking into:
  • Stanford
  • Penn State
  • University of Colorado-Boulder
  • Oregon State
These are all really good schools.  I need some safeties, darnit!

Well, slowly but surely, I'm making progress...

And I'm going camping tomorrow for fall break.  Although I could really use a long, relaxing weekend at home filled with productivity.  I haven't stayed in town for a single weekend in October (Arizona, Arizona, Lawrenceville, NW Georgia), and I won't get to until the second weekend of November (first week being spent in Charlotte, NC).  So crazy!  Nevertheless, I'm excited to camp.  Camping seemed like somewhat of an ordeal at field school, at least to me, in that we always had a 6:00-ish wake-up time and days filled with note-taking, driving, and hectic (albeit wonderful) sight-seeing.  But now, in the middle of a busy semester in a city, the idea of a camping trip is exotic and fun.  And almost completely stress-free.  So, I'm excited to go.

And of course, I have not started packing and won't until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment