Physics --- Definitely the most interesting so far. I walked into class and thought, "Wow, this is what it must be like to go to Tech." Rows and rows of guys, several girls. How could I have not expected that? Dr. Meyer reminds me of Gordon Ramsay in many ways. First, his face looks like Gordon Ramsay's. Second, he's got this German-British accent. I kept imagining him starting to cuss and ripping off his shirt and jeans to reveal a chef's gown and a white hat. Didn't happen, though. He's so tall that I almost don't want to sit in the front (my neck hurt). His hair looked like he just came out of an electricity lab... Tall, skinny with some belly, huge early-90s glasses... the most physicist-looking physics professor you can probably find. Today was a seventy-five-minute-long crash course on mechanics and EMag. Except he kept throwing out all these differential equations to explain formulas, and I was once again reminded of my shortcomings in calculus. And I was struggling to remember what variables like E and B stood for (electric field and magnetic field... -sigh-). I'm really scared about this class. 95+ = A, oy.
Multi --- Dr. Graham sort of looks like Mr. Adams (at Walton) with glasses. Definitely not as cool as Mr. Adams, but still pretty cool. Teaching style is sort of like Mr. Benton in seventh-grade algebra, straightforward, clear, the concept-check problems... I like him. The little comments he throws in are not funny, but at least he tries.
Chinese --- A lot of people from last semester's class, which I like. Zhang laoshi is................ less preferable to Li laoshi. I miss Li laoshi! Anyway, class was dismissed about 40 minutes early; I can't decide if that's a good or a bad first impression.
Today was pretty good. I'm excited for tomorrow's classes.
Thursday, January 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ahhhh. Reading about your day was really interesting...and I'm sad I didn't get to practice my Chinese with you over break. Ahhh we'll have to do it over spring break. ;D
ReplyDelete