If I knew, if I knew that all I can send you today would be a prayer, I would've gotten you more than a bouquet of roses last year.
But that's nothing new. It's just that this day I've had in my head has finally come. And since last year I've been trying my best to live to avoid this kind of situation. Live and learn.
-------------
Anyone who has met my brother... would find this surprising, I think.
Last night I came across this article on CNN.com about how watching lots of TV makes you die earlier (ironically, haha). I thought it was one of those nothing-else-worthy-to-publish stories and sort of a patched-up argument, but the moment I saw the title I thought it would be a good excuse to reproach my brother's TV-watching habits. So I emailed it to him. Today, I got a reply:
So.... sitting for a long time makes you die earlier? Then wouldn't that also count for reading, doing homework, and going on the computer? I don't get it. I spend 5 hours everyday at school, sitting, so there's a 90 percent more chance of me dying of heart disease? I'm gonna send this to school board right now! Although I get the point, don't watch too much TV, etc., I can't take this article seriously because although it's actually about how being inactive makes you more at risk, it tries to turn it against just one activity that you can do while sitting. whatever, you don't have to worry about me. I have too much work right now. (just kidding, its because all my favorite shows are either off air or canceled)I can't believe it. Reasons:
- I have never, in his thirteen years of life, heard my brother say or seen my brother write to me this many words at once.
- Alex almost never replies to my emails in the first place.
- This was too witty. (I secretly like it.)
It's kind of like... getting to know a person who you think can't speak English, and a month later you see him tear someone apart in debate team. Wow. That sounds bad. But Alex never reads this, and even if he did, he knows it's all out of love and pride..... =P
---------------------
Haiti. Why's it always always like this? "Massive earthquake was predicted before." "Terrorist attack was warned of before." blah blah. Well, thank you for telling us your predictions afterwards.
---------------------
Haiti. Why's it always always like this? "Massive earthquake was predicted before." "Terrorist attack was warned of before." blah blah. Well, thank you for telling us your predictions afterwards.
Wow... what I first thought when I read Alex's reply was "wow this sounds like a lawyer's response!"
ReplyDeleteHm, Haiti... yes, it was warned. As was Katrina, actually. There was an identical scenario predicted for Katrina two years prior--it's shocking how accurate the predictions were (including predicting that the levies would break). After Katrina, though, the Bush Administration tried to eliminate the documentation of this prediction and decided their key word to describe Katrina would be: RANDOM. It wasn't random at all.
There is actually a... group of believers (?) who think there is no such thing as a "natural disaster." Natural disasters only occur when humans place themselves in potential direct harm.
Anyway...
Hwighting, Stacey, Hwighting!
Haha... aww, Alex is all grown up nowww :')
ReplyDeleteCollege is a wonderful time to get closer with your siblings (: When my brother was at Virginia Tech, we sent each other emails every single day, when prior to that we'd barely speak a word to each other at home. It's crazy how close we got through those stupid emails... haha :)