Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Musical Rehearsal Side Effects

So I volunteered to play violin for a fundraiser musical production of Beauty and the Beast.  I don't feel like going into details right now.  I do feel like recording that I have a sore on my butt from sitting on a blue plastic classroom chair for eight hours straight last night.  And that it will probably be some type of callous by this time tomorrow after another rehearsal tonight.  I see that orchestra chairs are normally cushioned for a reason...

I have also had "Be Our Guest" stuck in my head for almost 24 hours now.  It's a record for me for any song.  I went to bed with it stuck in my head, and the first thing to occupy my head when I opened my eyes this morning was "Be our guest!  Be our guest!  Put our service to the test!  Put your napkin 'round your neck, cherie, and we provide the rest!"  Amazing.

But I'm thoroughly enjoying all of this.  Makes me feel alive amidst all this stress.

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhhh I miss cellooooooo. How's Sixteen Strings?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha... this entry almost made me miss high school orchestra.

    ... almost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We should revive (the original) Sixteen Strings this summerrrr >.<

    ReplyDelete