Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Circle of Life

  1. I moved apartments yesterday.
  2. I am at WALTON ORCHESTRA CAMP '12!!!!!!!!!  Yes, Tyler Liu, I have been held back all this time. ;)
Back in our Marietta house, I had my two door decorations from orchestra camp '05 and '06 on my bedroom door.  When we moved to Lawrenceville, I debated whether to throw them away or not.  I finally decided I should just chuck them... "Eh, Walton Orchestra Camp... that's just a thing of the past now."

Now, I get here and see my new "Oscar Nominee" door decoration and think of the Fantastic Four and the Pirates of the Caribbean (can't kids come up with anything but movies? -shrug-) door decs I threw out.  How cool would it be to take this one home, and put it up on my door next to my old door decs?  Stacey Choi, Mr. Violintastic; Stacey Choi, Sea Dog Violin; Oscar Nominee Stacey Choi, Clinician (please don't laugh).  

And to see all the camp traditions still in place:  Dork of the Orch, the tray carrying thing, the plastic leis, etc.  To see these traditions that were special to me five years ago being carried out with the same sense of novelty and enthusiasm by these kids I don't know at all...  I can vaguely imagine how people like to form and continue traditions across generations.  

Watching and spending time with high schoolers has not been nearly an unpleasant, disgusting experience as I had feared (well, I have hope of it staying that way if I don't go to the dance, I think).  In fact, it's been joyful.  These kids that go to my old high school have been a joy to watch and spend time with.  I have always loved the Walton orch dorks.  Of course. 

I have been getting way too little sleep in the past several days, and my brain is like porcelain -- non-porous.  Or, should I say in correct scientific terms, impermeable.  Anyway, my point is, my brain feels like a hard dried up piece of something.  I apologize for poor writing and incoherent chain of thought.  I must go to bed in order to be all perky tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Wawawawaaawawhaaaaat! You're at orch camp?! Dang... those were some good times. Kinda wish I went more than just once haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHHHHHHHHHH! Congrats on being a clinican! That's so awesomeee. Orch dork camp were def good times. It's where we first met!! You and Stine both. :) power couple.

    ReplyDelete