Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Complaints of a Rich American Girl

I'm dragging a loop of fishing line with a bunch of clanking metal buckets hanging on it.  That's how I feel about my... modern-world connection status right now.

I recently rediscovered my iPod Touch and the App Store that has become much more robust since two years ago.  Currently I'm juggling my laptop (for actually getting stuff done, work or play), my Blackberry (phone calls and texts), and iPod (for times I am too lazy to open up or carry my laptop -- oh and for music in the car)... ridiculous.  This is why an iPhone (or an Android) would be so handy!

Yesterday, I got myself a Twitter account (for Christmas! ha) after finding out Alex and Dad each had one.  So much to follow, so much to read.  So many people to connect to.  Add that to Facebook, this blog, Google+ (which I have sadly given up on but exists anyway), email, and texts, and you get the clanking metal buckets.  Add that to my chaos of a room at home and you get zero productivity in any sense.  For example, I'm not getting around to watching the movies and documentaries I want to watch, but I'm not even doing anything else!

I think I'm almost ready to return to Athens and organize my brain / electronic world a bit.  Also, I'm just excited for this semester to start.

(But, thank Goodness for this blog.  At least there is some place on the Internet that is mine, tightly knit, peaceful, and calming.)

No comments:

Post a Comment