Saturday, December 31, 2011

Another New Year's Eve

How fast it goes.  Everything, everything seems like yesterday.

While I am waiting for things to happen in life -- for myself to graduate, to become a geologist, to finally find the right person, to save the world, to be financially well-off -- life is swishing by me!  A quarter, if I am very lucky, has already passed.  I am 21 very soon.  In the 21 years of my life, what have I been to the world?  How have I been to my soul?  To God?

Waiting for myself is such a bad habit.  Waiting for God, good habit.  But for myself?  How foolish.  I'm going to spend enough of my time waiting for others; I don't have time to wait for myself -- for myself to get my act together, to get off Facebook, to be at a better place, to finish this semester, to finish this year, this week, this afternoon.  Whatever it is I want to do in this world, I've got to go at it now.  This doesn't mean reckless, it means careful planning and execution that begins now, always now.

I'm not going to wait for myself to finish rambling on this blog tonight.  I've got to go to sleep "early" tonight, now.

Another year, another blink of an eye, here I come.  May it be a good blink.

No comments:

Post a Comment