Thursday, November 22, 2012

The Shawshank Thanksgiving

Finally gave this movie the quality viewing it deserves.  Wow.  It is rightfully a new member on my list of all-time favorite movies:
  • The Sound of Music
  • Braveheart
  • Schindler's List
  • Titanic
  • The Lion King
  • The Namesake
  • The Shawshank Redemption
There are others, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.
I find I'm so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head.  I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain.  I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend and shake his hand.  I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams.  I hope.
- Morgan Freeman as Red
It's a privilege of a free person to be on a long journey with an uncertain conclusion.  And that privilege of life... merits excitement.

I have so many uncertain conclusions, so many hopes, to be excited about and thankful for.  Thank you...

No comments:

Post a Comment